Tuesday, April 24, 2012

08_Looking Forward

I have to thank Big Bro and Sis in Law for getting married.  Why?  Because of their marriage, it made it a lot easier for me to win my weekly goal of not watching any TV while the sun was up.  Thanks, man!  The wedding was worth it, if only for that.

By the way, anyone ever heard of CinemaDen.com?  Because they've charged me $120 over the past three months to sign me up for movie streaming or some such that I never approved.  And I've never been to that site ever before in my life.  I like the people at my bank, but I don't really like to have to talk to them for that long.

I guess dealing with your first credit card fraud is a part of life.

And so now that the wedding celebrations have ended and life has settled back in to the usual drudgery, I'm looking forward more than ever to getting my grad school applications together.  It's like taking a step towards some more tangible reality of adulthood.  As if when I step through the doors, they will hand me a certificate honoring me with maturity.

Of course that is the wrong view to take on a life-altering change like going to graduate school, but I can't help looking forward to it as the Next Big Thing and, with that, the Next Step in Life.  Now I just have to, ya know, do all the work associated with applying.

- Kid

1 comment: