Tuesday, July 31, 2012

16_Lifting Weights

Mark your calendars:  Thursday, July 26th, 2012 was the day that I, Kid Brother, signed up for a gym.  I've been involved in the Glitterati's cardio challenge this past week and a half and joining the gym seemed a good way to keep myself on track.  Plus, when you spend $70 ever thirty days on something, you tend to want to use it.

So the past few days I've been gyming hard, lifting weights and running on treadmills and such, trying to undo some of the damage I've done to myself over the past few years of relative inactivity.

And it feels great.  Well.  Sorta.  My legs and my lower back disagree with that statement, but I, in general, feel awesome.  At least I feel like I'm doing something.  Which is a big help.

And hey, if this schedule of willing myself out of bed at 9am continues, I might even find time during the day to get some writing done.  And that would be magnificent.

- Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment