Monday, March 19, 2012

01_We Meet Again

Oh, hello, The Internet.  It's nice to see you again.  It's been a while.  I feel like I'm dusting off an old journal and cracking the spine again.  Except this dusty journal has a really cool stock-photo background!   Soon to change, I'm sure.

I am a writer.  I admit to that fact.  I love doing it, I have been doing it all my life, and I don't intend on stopping anytime soon.  "Blogger" isn't necessarily something that I consider myself to be, but I'm not entirely uncomfortable with the idea.  I tried it out once before with an admittedly awesome concept, but the reality of it didn't pan out.  You can probably find it floating around on the Wordpress archives somewhere in the e-attic of unused websites.

And now here I am for a triumphant return.  So a few things first.  First, let's be clear:  while this blog is mostly for my musings on writing and literature and all, I am also a human and my personal life may happen to spill over from time to time.  I know right?  Terrible.  Second, the layout will change from this super-cool stock-photo background.  I promise.  Third, I will be using this as a platform to whore myself and my writing out.  Shameless self-promotion never hurt anyone.

Take a second to re-read all that.  Don't I sound like a blogger already?  Not convinced?  How about this:  I'm writing this at a coffee shop/wine bar.  Yeah.  That's right.

All jokes aside, I'm excited about this.  It's been a long time coming and it feels good to have finally done it.

That being said, enjoy.  And I promise to try not to post drunk.

- Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment